In the name of Allah, the Most Magnificent, the Most Benevolent;
Me and my official delegation to the Ethiopian Capital Addis Ababa, we are very glad to come back home which we left on the 28th October 2016.
As you are aware, the visit was on invitation by the host government and on the 29th October, I led our delegation for talks with an Ethiopia team led by the Ethiopian Prime Minister, H.E. Hailemariam Desalegn. The state visit which we were invited by the Prime Minister was a valuable, warm-hearted and exceptionally friendly reception. During the meeting between the two friendly sides, the following points were on the agenda:
- Enhancement of existing bilateral relations;
- Close and solid cooperation on security-related issues in the region in general, and in particular monitoring and guarding of our common borders;
- Broadening of existing Trade, Political, Cross Border and Social affairs as well as joint high level motivational efforts towards the same;
- Promotion of trade, investment and successful integration of citizens of the two countries;
- Ethiopian use of the Port of Berbera and its investment of the Berbera Corridor that links the two countries via Wajaale;
- Import of cheap Ethiopian electricity as well as continued availability of educational scholarships availed by the Neighbouring country;
- Concerted war on terrorism as well as illegal immigration movements;
- The mechanism to implement the Trade Agreement signed by the two sides on an equal benefits for both countries;
- Cooperation on alleviating effects of prolonged droughts and water shortages within local communities;
Our discussions on the above issues ended successfully and prospects are for implementation with confidence for benefit of our two nations.
Furthermore, during our state visit to Ethiopia, we had the opportunity to meet with a team of Khatumo officials led by Prof Ali Khalif Galayd in which the imperatives of continuing reconciliation talks and it was mutually agreed that an scheduled meeting will take place in Addis Ababa on the 17th of this month.
On these issues and more explanations thereof will be discussed on a special press conference held on Saturday the 5th of November 2016 at the Presidential Palace in Hargeisa.
Thanks to Allah,
Long live Somaliland;